It's all fun and games until the #Diablo3 patch signalling the impending of a New Season gets released.
Here's the big turns from the previous patch. Do note that some leg gems got reworked, especially the hotly-contested previous configuration of Taeguk finally making its purpose clear. That will be discussed below.
Read ALL the patch notes here: us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/…
+ SKILLS: It appears Blizzard is doing more of a job in removing the ability to spawn health globes with skills. Hammer of Ancients - Birthright; Laws Of Hope - Hopeful Cry; and Grasp of the Dead - Death Is Life runes no longer have chance to spawn globes.
- Birthright now heals for 3% max Life on a critical.
- Hopeful Cry now reduces Physical damage taken by 25%.
- Death Is Life now has a 70% chance to spawn a Zombie Dog (increased).
Wizard "Archon" damage, armor and resistances have increased during the active phase:
- Damage increased from 20% to 30%
- Armor and Resistance Bonus increased from 20% to 150%
Wizard passive "Unstable Anomaly" no longer has priority if using Firebird's 2P -- the set death save will proc first.
Demon Hunter's "Boar Companion" passive regen and resistance now apply to all allies.
Skills and legs that boost damage by a percentage are now applied multiplicatively to other sources of bonus damage.
- Solanium's chance to spawn a Health Globe now has an 8-second internal cooldown.
- All unwanted legendary potions CAN NOW BE SALVAGED.
- Gogok of Swiftness gem is reimagined to trigger attack speed increase on hit 100% of the time, with dodge chance stacking with IAS. Dodge chance ramps up by 0.5% per stack; Rank improves the chance-per-stack by 0.01% (0.75% per stack at 25).
- Taeguk gem now only increases stacks if you're using a channeling skill (Whirlwind, Strafe, Rapid Fire, Firebats, etc.). Stack is hard-limited at 10. Damage increases 2% per stack, with an increase of 0.04% per rank (3% per stack at 25). At 25, also increases armor by 2% per stack.
- Teardrop gem had its base damage and damage-per-rank increased, Rank 25 duration between procs reduced from 5 to 3 seconds; and every time a smite occurs, gain 3% max life.
- Pain Enhancer and Wreath of Lightning gems' damage was increased board-wide.
- Toxin gem's rank 25 also causes affected to do 10% less damage as well as take 10% increased damage.
- Enforcer gem's rank 25 pet damage reduction is now 90%, to encourage more pet builds (Zunimassa's is up for Haedrig's Gift -- coinidence?)
- Oculus Ring will trigger by your kills if your follower's wearing it.
- Sanguinary Vambraces benefit from all sources of bonus damage -- the new must-have for Invoker's?
- Frostburn/Magefist's skill damage boost is now a Leg power; Frostburn's chance for cold skills to freeze is now fixed at 50% and is still part of the Leg power package.
- Skull Grasp (Barbarian)'s whirlwind bonus damage got reduced, but damage is now multiplicative.
- Johanna's Argument (Crusader) comes with +100% to Blessed Hammer now
- Lord Greenstone's Fan (Demon Hunter) got a per-stack boost.
- The Flow of Eternity (Monk) comes with +100% to Seven-Sided Strike now
- Nilfur's Boast (Wizard) had its initial Meteor damage and damage hitting 3 or less increased
- Twisted Sword (Wizard) is now locked at 8 Energy Twisters' worth of benefit max
- Swamp Land Waders (Witch Doctor) no longer strictly increases poison damage, but can roll with Physical, Fire and Cold damage along with Poison damage;
- Swamp Land Waders (Witch Doctor) now has a leg power benefitting Sacrifice damage increase to enemies affected by Locust Swarm or Grasp of the Dead
- Demon Hunter's 6p sets are getting general damage increases specific to the set
- Barbarian's Wastes 4p now causes you to take 50% less damage and your applied Rends to do triple its damage while you are using Whirlwind; other sets' 6p damage boosts are ramped up
- Crusader's Invoker set 2p can hold a max of 25 stacks now, damage per stack is up to 35%, but the 6p damage bonus was ramped up
- Crusader's Roland set 4p had a damage bonus ramp-up; 6p duration is up to 8 from 5
- Monk's Inna set got no love this patch
- Monk's Raiment 6p increases spirit generator damage by 300% for 6 seconds after using Dashing Strike.
- Monk's Sunwuko set had damage bonus increases for 4p and 6p
- Shenlong's damage bonus increased from 100% to 150% after reaching max Spirit
- WD's sets get general damage boosts across the board
- WD's changes to Raiment 2p and 6p generally translate to more damage being done
- Zuni's 4p and 6p got some effect increases including 6p damage increases
- HT 6p got damage increased from 900% to 1400%
- Looks like Delsere's isn't going to be doing well (Wizard)
- Merciless Witch no longer randomly becomes invulnerable during your fights with her.
- General QOL changes to make Set Dungeons more comfortable to complete
- New treasure goblin type
- Stack counts are now easier to read, with numbers having shadows under them
- PARAGON LEVEL-UP ICON IS NOW NO LONGER BLOCKING THE BUFF BAR
- Inventory no longer flashes if you pick up items as a Lv.70 character
- Stash tab icons have been added, more to choose from
To gain the full benefit of the Patch Notes, explore the link above.