Follow Blaugust on Anook

Blaugust is a public nook on Anook. Sign up to join this nook or create your own public community or private hideout for your blog, forum, guild or anything else you like.

2015 Writing Prompts

Topic started by Belghast Jul 30, 2015, 2:01:53 PM.
Jul 30, 2015, 6:07:04 PM
Void wrote
Void

Writing Prompt:

What is one piece of media that you always recommend to other people? It can be anything... movie, book, game, podcast, music, or whatever you want. Why do you find yourself recommending it?

Jul 30, 2015, 11:51:13 PM
Sagacyte wrote
Sagacyte

Writing Prompt:

What's a game you would have never tried but for some reason you did and ended up loving it?

* Also wanted to commend Void for the wonderful prompts! Great ideas for #Blaugust posts!

Jul 31, 2015, 4:05:56 AM
Void replied to Sagacyte
Void

Writing Prompt:

What's a game you would have never tried but for some reason you did and ended up loving it?

* Also wanted to commend Void for the wonderful prompts! Great ideas for #Blaugust posts!

Thanks! Just trying to help everyone out!

Jul 31, 2015, 1:53:35 PM
Belghast wrote
Belghast

Since I more or less posted a series of games that I have some connection to, or would like to have a better connection with. The writing prompt for the day is somewhat connected to that.

What game that you are not playing, do you still have a deeply nostalgic connection to and why?

Let us hear what game you keep returning to even if you aren’t really actively playing it… or likely will never play it with quite the same fervor. For me personally that game is absolutely Everquest II, and I still hold a torch for it even though at this moment I have not really played it over the course of the last two years.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:22:21 PM
Paeroka wrote
Paeroka

MMO-centric, a post that I'm currently working on myself: If you could design your own "dream MMO" which features from other MMOs would you combine?

I am currently playing very different MMOs, because none of them give me everything I want on their own, but combined, they work out quite nicely. :p

Aug 1, 2015, 4:38:55 PM
Jaedia wrote
Jaedia

Writing Promp:

Tell us five things that we (probably) don’t know about you, or as an alternative, you could do “five things you probably don’t know about me (because they aren’t true).” Run with it!

Aug 2, 2015, 5:55:47 PM
Jaedia wrote
Jaedia

Tell us about your first day in an MMO. How did you feel? What did you do? Who did you meet? What sticks in your memory, in particular?

Aug 3, 2015, 10:45:12 PM
Jaedia wrote
Jaedia

Any movies you haven’t seen that people are often amazed by? Or on the other side of the coin, what movies are you amazed that people haven’t seen? Either or both. Go!

Aug 4, 2015, 5:49:28 PM
sylversyl wrote
sylversyl

Nice list, definitely handy!
Because I was a tad scared of the blaugust prospect, I comprised my own list of 40 or so topics end of July that I may or may not blog about. so to return the favor, just a few of my prompts:

- My favorite MMO that I'm not playing
- MMOs we don't like but have never played
(I am actually making these two part of a two-posts series because complementary)

- What I have kickstarted / why I don't kickstart (much)
- MMO Regrets
- My gaming space / room
- Blogroll updates during Blaugust

Feel free to use.

Edited by sylversyl Aug 4, 2015, 6:49:41 PM.
Aug 4, 2015, 11:15:12 PM
Jaedia wrote
Jaedia

Do you have any little oddities when you feel absolutely pooped? Or perhaps you've done something bizarre while sleeping? Tell us a story!

Aug 5, 2015, 5:45:19 AM
Hestiah wrote
Hestiah

I was looking for some blogging prompts that might not be gaming related but would be fun and interesting anyway. I came across some good ones to share with the group!

** What show from your childhood would you love to bring back?
** What’s the best vacation you ever had?
** Write a “day in the life” post.
** If you could be any age again for a week, which would you choose?
** If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?
** Who is your favorite villain?
** 5 Items you would buy with a million dollars.
** 1 person who makes your life better.
** Do a #FF of twitter (or blogging) folks and explain why you chose them.

Aug 5, 2015, 11:25:28 AM
sylversyl wrote
sylversyl

One I'd love to see on other blogs too:

"Down memory lane: 3 posts from the blog / past/revival"

Or however you wanna call it - just pick 3 of your older posts that you want to highlight because you think they represent you the best or that you're especially proud of. Highlighting older content on your blog is cool not just for a newer audience but because it's so easy for others to miss good stuff. l2selfpromote!

Aug 5, 2015, 10:45:53 PM
Jaedia wrote
Jaedia

What do you do to unwind after a long day?

Aug 6, 2015, 9:48:17 PM
ariellalphabet wrote
ariellalphabet

I got tagged in a Liebster Award dealie recently, and tagged all of you guys. Here are the questions I came up with:

1.) Favourite console?

2.) If you could live in video game universe, what would it be and why?

3.) When you’re not gaming, what else do you do?

4.) What’s your perfect day?

5.) What was the first game you ever played?

6.) What was the weirdest game you ever played?

7.) Who’s your favourite bad guy (in anything- TV, film, games, comics etc) and why?

8.) Good or evil?

9.) What’s your most prized possession?

10.) Healer, tank or DPS?

Aug 6, 2015, 11:14:31 PM
Jaedia wrote
Jaedia

Is there any game that you watch for news of with as much passion as WoW players seem to? Tell us what and why!